Networking & Interview Skills Boot Camp
This intense 3-hour workshop will tremendously improve your interviewing and networking skills.
The learning environment is highly interactive and intimate.
The next session is on July 13, 2016 in Mayfair.
Who should attend:
This course is appropriate for people who would like greatly improve their interviewing skills, score more job offers and massively scale their professional networks to help them find even more opportunities.
What we will cover:
A. Common Interview Questions
- “Tell me about yourself?” – This question is about your personality and style in a professional work environment and your qualifications and skills that apply to the position you are being interviewed for. This is not a question about your personal information- age, how many children you have, marital status; nor hobbies!
- Strengths and Weaknesses – when questions are asked about these, talk about the strengths that make you an excellent candidate for that specific position. When you discuss weaknesses – talk about strategies that you have developed or continue to work on in order to overcome weaknesses.
- Conflict – Tell what, why, how you dealt with the conflict and what you learned from the experience. Remain positive!
- Problem Solving – Be very concrete and specific. Give examples that demonstrate your ability to resolve issues that commonly come up in a professional environment. This showcases your ability to deal with unanticipated events and reveals your professional behavior.
B. How to sell yourself
- Branding – how to create and structure your brand to fit with what the employer is looking for.
- The Art of Story Telling – how to sell your resume and make you look like a star.
- Props – what to take with you for maximum impact.
- How to Follow up – The Art of following up without seeming desperate.
C. How to Network
- How to strategically grow your network and circle of influence
- The steps you can take today, regardless of your background
- How to maintain and strengthen your network over time
- How to be top of mind when opportunities come about
This is what recent attendees had to say about the boot camp:
Truly exceeded all my expectations – a wealth of knowledge and experience sets him apart from the rest. For anyone serious about a career in banking or finance I would recommend this. Not only will it give you an advantage technically, but it will make you stand out as a star amongst the thousands of other students competing for the job. Not only did I learn about how to approach the job search but I learnt serious technical knowledge (which no-one else at this age will know) that will set me apart at interviews. I am a lot more confident going into my search because of what I learnt in these 3 hours. Will I be back for more? Of course I will! Do I recommend it to you? Of course – you would be foolish to decline such an offer!
– N. Shah, UK Private Bank
The experience I had at the boot camp was above my expectations. He really went into depth about financial markets, different products and strategies that traders can use in their careers. He gave advice for networking and job applications, showing the steps that we need to take in order to make valuable connections in the finance industry, critical for jobs in the 21st century. The boot camp was intensive and to the point at all times, you will learn a lot of things that you may not have heard of previously, however he simplified and explained all concepts in depth and clearly. I will definitely be attending another boot camp.
– Luca, City University
What I Learnt on Wall Street offers state-of-the-art, financial professional led courses in capital markets, trading and investment for finance professionals. Our mission is to teach the practical skills you need to succeed on Wall Street. We believe that you need to learn from people that have done and massively succeeded at the jobs you want to do.
Location: Mayfair, London
Date: July 13, 2016
Time: 6 – 9pm